The safety of our patrons, performers, crews, and staff is our priority as we work to once again present live theatre. These protocols follow all CDC and governmental guidelines and have been created with the help of local medical physicians, national arts organizations, and other experts. All plans are subject to change.
All plans are subject to change. Protocols will be revised pending updates from government officials, the status of Covid-19 in the community, advice from medical professionals and other factors to protect health and safety.
Our Commitment to Patrons
We offer a risk-free guarantee to exchange, credit, donate or refund tickets should Covid-19 cancel
performances or prevent your attendance.
Health & Safety Protocols
Following CDC guidelines and in consultation with area doctors, Skylight Music Theatre is implementing health and safety protocols in order to present live music theatre as safely as possible.
- Skylight requests masks for those who are not vaccinated and encourages anyone who feels safer wearing a mask to do so. Skylight’s staff is fully vaccinated and requires casts, musicians and crews to be vaccinated.
Entering the Theatre
- Any patron, staff or volunteer who is feeling ill is asked to stay home.
- In order to avoid possible crowding of lobby areas, patrons are asked to allow extra time when arriving and to be prepared to await outside if necessary.
- When entering the theatre on Broadway, patrons will follow signs to enter through either the north or south doors.
Touchless Ticket Scanning
- Patrons will be directed to self-scan tickets when entering the lobby area.
In the Theatre
- Skylight has installed see-through plexiglass barriers in box seats in the orchetra, dress circle, and gallery for patron safety.
- When possible, shows will be presented without intermissions.
- Patrons can feel free to exit their seats, even during the performance, in order to use restrooms.
- Beverages are not allowed in the theatre.
Entering & Exiting the Theatre
- Coat check is currently unavailable.
- There will be fewer ushers. Signage will help patrons locate their seats.
- After the performance, theatre exiting will take place by rows, starting from the back.
Before & After the Show
- While waiting in the bar or restroom areas, patrons will follow social distancing requirements and remain six feet apart.
Cleaning & Sanitation
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building.
- All areas of the building are being professionally cleaned with increased deep cleaning procedures.
- Between performances, an electrostatic disinfectant sprayer will be used in seating areas.
Video and Streaming
- Streaming and recording options will potentially be available for select titles. Digital recording rights are subject to approval by show licensors.
Safety Guidelines for Staff and Artists
- Anyone who is feeling ill should stay at home.
- Rehearsals will begin virtually.
- Backstage production processes will be adjusted to minimize person-to-person contact.
- Personnel are following CDC guidelines to reduce the spread of Covid and non-Covid illnesses, including requirements on when to stay home and/or when to return to work.
These Health and Safety Protocols have been reviewed by Anna Huppler, MD, Assistant Professor, Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Medical College of Wisconsin, to confirm that Skylight Music Theatre is following all CDC guidelines.
Revised July 6, 2021