September 1, 2021 -- Skylight Music Theatre has joined other Milwaukee performing arts organizations in requiring proof of vaccination or negative Covid test within 72 hours of performance for all audience members ages 12 and up. In addition, Skylight requires audiences to be masked at all times while in the Broadway Theatre Center, regardless of vaccination status.
Skylight’s health and safety protocols follow local government, CDC and State of Wisconsin guidelines in consultation with area doctors. Our goal is to keep patrons, staff, artists, and the community safe, and present live music theatre as safely as possible.
Guidelines are evolving frequently, and protocols may change. Please check this website for updates.
For patrons who purchased tickets before the protocols were announced and are not able to comply with the requirements, the deadline was Sept. 10, 2021 to arrange a refund, credit, exchange or donation.
Health & Safety Protocols
- Skylight requires COVID-19 vaccinations or proof of negative test within 72 hours of events for all audience members 12 and up. Photos of required documents are acceptable forms of proof.
- Patrons must be fully vaccinated, meaning the performance date must be at least 14 days after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine or at least 14 days after a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine.
- Proof of vaccination includes: physical vaccination card, copy of vaccination card, or photo of vaccination card visibly showing the entire front of the card with date(s) of vaccination and individual's name that matches the patron’s ID.
- Proof of vaccination must accompany a valid drivers license, state-issued ID or school ID, if the patron is under 18.
- Patrons may also show proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of performance.
- Proof of negative test includes: printed negative test result or a digital negative test result that matches the patron’s ID. Tests must be from no more than 72 hours prior to the performance and issued by a medical provider or pharmacy. At home tests will not be accepted.
- Negative test must accompany a valid drivers license, state-issued ID or school ID, if the patron is under 18.
- We are exploring partnerships to provide testing nearby for patrons who do not have proof of vaccination or a negative test result.
- Skylight’s staff is fully vaccinated and requires casts, musicians and crews to be vaccinated.
- Skylight requires audiences to be masked at all times while in the Broadway Theatre Center, regardless of vaccination status.
Entering the Theatre
- Any patron, staff or volunteer who is feeling ill is asked to stay home.
- In order to avoid possible crowding of lobby areas, patrons are asked to allow extra time when arriving and to be prepared to wait outside if necessary.
- Coat check is currently unavailable.
- There may be fewer ushers. Signage will help patrons locate their seats.
Touchless Ticket Scanning
- Patrons will be directed to self-scan tickets when entering the lobby area.
In the Theatre
- Beverages are not allowed in the theatre.
- While waiting in the bar or restroom areas, patrons are encouraged to remain six feet apart.
Cleaning & Sanitation
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building.
- All areas of the building are being professionally cleaned with increased deep cleaning procedures.
- Between performances, an electrostatic disinfectant sprayer will be used in seating areas.
Video and Streaming
- Streaming and recording options will potentially be available for select titles. Digital recording rights are subject to approval by show licensors.
Safety Guidelines for Staff and Artists
- Anyone who is feeling ill should stay at home.
- Personnel are fully vaccinated and following CDC guidelines to reduce the spread of Covid and non-Covid illnesses, including requirements on when to stay home and/or when to return to work.
Commitment to Patrons
- We offer a risk-free guarantee to exchange, credit, donate or refund tickets should Covid-19 cancel performances or prevent your attendance.
- Current ticket holders: Should these new Health & Safety protocols present a barrier for your attendance, please contact the Box Office no later than Friday, September 10, 2021 to arrange a refund, credit on your account, exchange, or donation.
Revised October 6, 2021